Thursday 22 November 2007

Things I have learned... in no particular order of importance...

  • Drooling and dribbling and sighing 'oh my god, look at the size of his hands' is probably not the most appropriate response when being introduced to the very cute, but very young (28) new guy at work...
  • I am not much of a team player... I love working as part of a team, as long as no-one else is doing MY job...
  • I do not delegate well...
  • Working 10-12 hours days for 3 weeks in a row in order to have a week off kinda defeats the purpose of having a holiday...
  • Particularly when you then go back to working 10-12 hour days on your return...
  • Telling men that you need to mother-proof your house prior to a visit has them thinking of p0rn and a drawerful of goodies... and their eyes glaze over...
  • As does telling them that you are going on a d1ck-free weekend with your girlfriends...
  • Having slightly hairy legs on a girls away weekend is probably better than attempting to shave said legs at midnight in the bathtub when you've spent the previous 48 hours doped up to the gills due to back spasm...
  • Legs bleed a lot...
  • Starting belly dancing lessons is probably not the smartest thing to do when you are in the middle of a full blown fibromyalgia episode...
  • People think it's funny that the one body part that gets injured after belly dancing lesson number one is your ANKLE...
  • Keeping quiet about the boobage and bum cramp after your first belly dancing lesson is probably not a bad thing...
  • Men, want to talk to me and feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and feelings with me, which is lovely...
  • Feeling comfortable enough to shut up and just jump my bones on occasion would be even lovelier...
  • Despite the fact that I often make reference to being a little fat girl, and my humour is self-deprecating, I actually like myself, a lot...
  • Which is probably just as well, as it becomes clearer every day that my world and the rest of the planet are often slightly out of kilter and it's likely to be a long while before a lovely man tells me to shut up and jumps my bones...
  • Just as well I'm an optimist... someday my prince will come... sigh!


Sorry... you know what they say... if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all... well... that's why I've been so quiet...

6 comments:

Birdydownunder said...

welcome back, remember 'You have to kiss a lot of Frogs before you find Your Prince.

Rhian said...

tackling you for a hug...
i missed you!
screw the men! uh, no - not that way. well, okay, that works, but not what i meant.
sorry about the back, ankle, shaving blood, bellydancing, long hours at work, young studs creating hormonal upset....all that.
what's important is - you're BACK!

Anonymous said...

Miss FROU - I've missed you - welcome back! I'm doing a happy dance over here!

catsmum said...

If I can bellydance with FMS, so can you - and if your bum cheeks are sore you're doing it wrong. Bum should most emphatically not be clenched. Relax. Relax... and take mega doses of magnesium if you're not already. Helps the FMS.

Karina said...

And yet, when you make your appearances, we love what you have to day. Leg shaving is dangerous on any occasion, midnight and doped up? Deadly!

Miss Frou Frou said...

Smc - all I can say is that I've kissed enough frogs that when I hear 'ribbit ribbit' I'm turned on!

Rhi - I've missed you too... promise not to stay away so long again

Xine - ta muchly... will try to catch up on your posts

Catsmum - missed class this week - had to work, but am going to keep it up, it was fun!

Karina - thank you kindly... yep - have been a bit scared to have another go!