Monday 23 July 2007

The Moaning Meme...

"I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper, and complain" Anonymous


I probably should be moaning about memes as I got tagged THREE times in the last week... but I ain't complaining.

My friend, Candid Katrina - who writes great things and has the best Wordless Wednesdays by the way, so go check her out, if you don't read her already... tagged me for this one... created by The Freelance Critic.

He says: "If you've ever listened to people talking on a bus you'll know that most of what they say is negative. They talk about things they hate, people that annoy them and boyfriends that let them down before they even think about mentioning the 'nice things.'

All of us do it. We find it natural, when with a friend, to moan.In fact a recent study has shown that the most effective form of human bonding is moaning and gossiping.Yet our blogs, the social tools of the 21st century, are populated by memes listing our 'favourites,' or our 'blessings,' or our 'funniest' moments. In our efforts to be readable we have denied others the one thing that makes us interesting - our whining, moaning, complaining selves.And so I am pleased to present the first ever Moaning Meme! The meme that will teach us all a bit more about each other and ourselves.It's time to spread some Personality... "

The Moaning Meme

5 people who will be annoyed you tagged them.

1. Wylie

2. Rhian (only cause I think her answers to this will be a crack-up)

3. Starrlight - cause she tagged me!

4. Anne

5. Gabriella

4 things that should go into room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth.

One - Low Fat icecream - seriously, if I'm going to have icecream, then I want the highest level of fat available

Two - Compound Chocolate

Three - Late night infomercials - what happened to oldey, late night movies, so if you couldn't sleep you could at least watch something interesting while you did your ironing at 3.00am

Four - The assumption that just because you're round, you are also tall! Am sick of chopping 5 or more inches of the bottom of pants... though maybe if I wasn't so particularly about 1 and 2 this might not be a problem

3 things people do that make you want to shake them violently.

One - Be rude to wait staff or telephone canvassers... somebody has to do this job... be nice

Two - hog parking spots, so that you can't get in front of them or behind them

Three - complain about the rain... we're experiencing a drought people... you should be thankful

2 things you find yourself moaning about.

One - why I can't meet anyone who wants to race me off...

Two - spoonfeeding people at work, which means I never have time to do my own work

1 thing the above answers tell you about yourself.

I'm not very tolerant of people who are intolerant! And I obsess about food, a lot!

RULES:*Link to the original meme at FreelanceCynic.com so people know what it's all about!*Be as honest as possible, This is about letting people get to know the real you!*Try not to insult anyone - unless they really deserve it or are very, very ugly! *Post these rules at the end of every meme!Finally remember, cynical is sexy. At least that's what I'm hoping...

9 comments:

Rhian said...

Evil woman! I'll have to ponder these. Oh, the pressure, she moans...

M said...

haha @ not tolerant of intolerant people!

Wylie Kinson said...

Thanks Miss Frou! I'll have a think about this and post later in the week.
I enjoyed reading yours and like m, love the 'not tolerant of intolerant people' -- I agree most wholeheartedly!

savannah said...

LMBO! too funny, sugar!

Anonymous said...

Missy! You are so in trouble! Just kidding. Thank you for tagging me.

Highly agree w/ most all of your whinning. Have to ask about the spoonfeeding...um, not sure if you mean that literally. In my case it so is really annoying. I've got little mouths that are mostly old enough to feed themselves, yet they still want mommy to feed them. GRRR! Mommy would like to shovel food into her own face too. (Wishing George Clooney would spoonfeed me. HEHEHE)

Karina said...

I knew you'd have great answers to this one, which is why I tagged you!!! I totally agree about spoonfeeding people at work...this is the main reason why I do EVERYTHING myself, because it just takes longer to try and explain to them how to do it!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I'm with you on the clothing made for giants. There's so many lines that just seem to take a regular pattern and enlarge the entire thing. It's heavenly when I find a designer that designs for real bodies.

As for telemarketers, regardless of how I phrased it on my blog - all for humorous effect, I assure you - I decline their numerous offers quickly, firmly but with respect. I agree that they are simply putting in their shift to pay the bills, and that in itself takes courage when you have to face hostile people answering the phone.

Miss Frou Frou said...

Rhian - come on, you could do this with your eyes closed!

M - What? Is there something wrong with that statement, grin!

Wylie - see, I knew you'd get it...

Savannah - thank you, and thanks for the shout out too, had lots of traffic as a result

Gabriella - spoonfeeding, figuratively not literally, lol. Just lots of people who want me to baby them through processes they old enough and certainly getting paid enough that they should know!

Karina - another thing we have in common - I cannot delegate! As I said lately, I'm a team player as long as I'm the only one on my team - i.e. keep your hands off my job, but I'll help you if necessary

Julia - I keep thinking about learning to sew clothes... except I'd just end up with a bunch of started but not finished things, knowing me!

Cinnamon Girl said...

I got tagged for this one right before you got me :P
Moaning Meme