Thursday 5 July 2007

Thursday Thirteen #9... 13 Random Thoughts from a Space Cadet


Well, I'm sorry I've been away... head cold turned into a major dose of flu, still not quite up to scratch, but getting there slowly. Thank you to all of you for lovely messages... nice to know I was missed a little...

So, today's Thursday Thirteen - the week that was for me...

One - learning to sing songs in another language (koori, polynesian and east timorese) is a bit difficult when you feel like you're walking around with a bucket on your head... could barely hear anyone at 2nd choir rehearsal

Two - singing in a group is also a bit of a waste of time in the same circumstances. Miss La De Da was asking me if I was actually singing, to which I replied, yes - loudly from my end - she thought I was miming! Maybe I was practising how I'm going to survive the concerts? Though singing the chorus of Singing in the Rain with my tongue out, knees bent and bum out as part of the warm-up exercise was great fun.

Three - for someone who struggles to sleep, I think I've made up for this year's insomnia in the last week... though fever induced dreams are often less than restful.

Four - I'm going to struggle to look a work colleague in the eye next time I see him considering the fever induced dream I had about him... though I was a bit disappointed on briefly waking that I didn't go back into the dream... hooley dooley... if I didn't already have a fever I sure did after!

Five - Feed the cold, starve the fever they say... pity everything tastes so bloody awful... knew I was really sick when even chocolate couldn't tempt me.

Six - Is it just me, or do other people hate blowing their nose? I hate it, such an inelegant thing to do... particularly when you're full of head cold

Seven - and speaking of noses, why is it that one nostril always gets blocked and the other drips non- stop?

Eight - I am so glad that I kept all my daggy, soft flannel shirts and leggings. I've lived in them for the last week, with big fluffy bedsocks... what with ratty hair, and a red nose and cracked lips I looked a treat... just as well as I live on my own... fancy coming home to that!

Nine - I had a quiet sob to myself at one stage, cause I was on my own... all I wanted was someone to give me a hug... it's hugs and cuddles that I miss more than anything about being single

Ten - Despite being full of snot, I managed to get to my Winter Solstice ceremony, it was lovely, though my meditation was probably temperature induced, had visions of a cavern with a circle of fire rising up to meet a circle of stalactites, which melted and smoked... was told I needed both fire and water, need both to be balanced.

Eleven - If you're going to be a bit spacey, might as well make the most of it, so have been reading Harry Potter - have read the first 3 books pretty much back to back, am now started on number 4.

Twelve - Engaged in even more spaceyness, by spending all of yesterday curled up on the couch watching the first 12 episodes of Heroes... wow, what a fantastic show... perfectly suited my wants and needs...

Thirteen - I've had 12 days of sleepy, dozy, spacey, snotty, achey, shakeydom (only need 1 more and I've got my own version of the seven dwarfs - have you met my friend pukey?)

25 comments:

N.J.Walters said...

Sorry to hear you've been so sick. It must be nasty if chocolate doesn't appeal to you. Glad you made your Winter Solstice ceremony. Hugs!

Rhian said...

i had some smart ass, humorous comment developing until i saw the "needed a hug" one. Awww sweetie - all you gotta do is ask - we'll all give you a group blog hug. Not quite the same but still full of warm mushy feelings!

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you were doing better but looks like you're still wrung out. I agree with Rhian, when I saw that comment about having a sob and being alone, well I can relate for different reasons, and wish I were closer to give that hug 'cuz I could use it back.

And ROFL on Pukey. Don't think I'll ever look at Snow White the same again.

Hope next week you're feeling better.

Babe King said...

Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for dropping by. :-)

LA Day said...

Hope you feel better!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I would not have been put off by your your flannels/ratty hair/runny nose/grumpy face. Anyone who cares about you thinks you look sweet no matter what. Hugs from here!

Red Garnier said...

Feel better soon Miss Frou, we all love you! Remember who's queen around here... =)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! Glad to read that you're on the mend. Impressed that you read books, watched heroes, and even went to choir practice . . . truly amazing!

Cinnamon Girl said...

You were seriously sick! And that nostril question is one of the universes great mysteries. Every notice how they will switch off as well? You think the drip is stopping and stop up is un stopping....but instead they just trade!

Dewey said...

Aw, I hope you're all better very, very soon!

MsSnarkyPants said...

Dang it! Blogger ate my comment! I said something like...*HUGS* I'm glad you're feeling a little better, and at least one of your fever-induced dreams was lovely. ;)

Sparky Duck said...

Dang, do you make me not look forward to fall/winter or what!

LOL, Pukey is funny though

Birdydownunder said...

((((((((((((((((((Frou)))))))))))))))))) glad you are feeling well enough to blog again. Even thou I am not quite up in your grade, I love reading. Take care of yourself, eat your veggies and your fruit. Oh and I fully understnd about the meditation.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Elle Fredrix said...

Don't you just hate it when you wake up in the middle of a good dream?

Anna J. Evans said...

Hugs! Sorry you were sick. I had god awful food poisoning for 8 days so I'm feeling you. We need to all get well and stay well!

Anna J. Evans

Ann said...

Hope you start feeling better soon. The flu is no fun at all (I've had it before and that's why I get the flu shot every winter). I know what you mean, it sucks when you're sick and live alone. Hugs!
P.S. The seventh dwarf? Whiney? Grouchy? Mopey?

Karina said...

Frou, sorry to hear you've been feeling so cruddy! Glad you're finally on the mend.

Your comment about the nostrils made me laugh out loud, and then your comment about needing the hug made me sigh for you...I feel you there! That's what I miss most about coupledom too...the hugs!

SO, here's a virtual one for ya:

((((((((((HUG)))))))))

Anonymous said...

Colds and flu must be all the thing Down Under. I'm trying to shake off one. Must be a slightly different strain though because I'm not suffering from hot, feverish dreams. Get better soon!!

Lisa Andel said...

Do not hug Pukey. He's not a nice dwarf.

Drink something. That always helps me. :D

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Don't answer the door when Pukey the Dwarf comes to visit, okay?

Yes, I hate blowing my nose when I'm that full of cold, too. And yes to the nostril thing.

Feel better. Chicken soup, woman!

Lori said...

Hey...it sounds kinda fun being spacey...lol. Happy TT.

Miscellaneous-Mum said...

Dont you hate noses that alternate the dripping? That infuriates me too!

Emma Wayne Porter said...

*hug*

Only 15 days until Harry, now!

You must get well before then. We'll race to see who can finish it first. Deal?

M said...

*hugs for your sniffles* I feel like that some days too.