Thursday 12 July 2007

Thursday Thirteen #10... 13 Things about Pluto and Firing the Grid


Today's Thursday 13 is what the Nature Boy would call me and my 'fluffy chakra, airy/fairy stuff'... so ...

One: The Galactic Centre is the centre of the Milky Way, 30,000 light years away, and hidden from optical view by dust clouds, but is said to include a massive black hole. You can see a fantastic photo here. Astrologically, the Galactic Centre is located near the end of the sign of Sagittarius.


Two: Between December 2006 and October 2007, Pluto, the slowest moving planet (I know, I know, it's not technically a planet any more, but) will align or conjunct with the Galactic Centre. The three critical dates were it is in alignment are 29 December 2006, 17th July 2007, 28th October 2007

Three: Pluto was discovered in the early 1930s and has been linked to the rise of fascism, the onset of the Great Depression and the creation of atomic power.

Four: Pluto takes approximately 248 years to orbit the sun, and the last time it was in conjunction with the Galactic Centre was in 1745 on the cusp of the Industrial Revolution.

Five: Astrologically, key words or phrases that represent Pluto are transformation, renewal, death/rebirth, evolution, degeneration and regeneration. This Planet's energy is often focused on the masses and what the collective will do. Asking us to look inward (and to our subconscious) to see what's there.

Six: At 11.11am Greenwich Mean Time on Tuesday 17th July 2007 (the 2nd Pluto conjunction with the Galactic Centre) there is a worldwide plea to Fire The Grid of the earth to send healing energy to the earth's core.

Seven: Its simple... on or around 11.11am GMT (9.11pm here on the east coast of Australia - here is a link to a time clock for you to calculate your own time if you'd like) people of all faiths and beliefs, either alone or in groups, are being asked to pray or meditate for one hour to help to heal the planet and to reflect on our individual inner journeys.

Eight: Shelley Yates has a website Fire the Grid, were she discusses her own personal journey and explains the premise behind firing the grid in more detail.

Nine: Whether or not you believe fully in Shelley's story is immaterial. I think this would be a lovely and worthwhile thing to do anyway, to reinforce a sense of faith in both ourselves as humans, and the planet we live in. It's an hour of our time, that can be nothing other than beneficial, if only to give us a brief respite from what seems to be a world racing ahead of us or to provide some personal insights.

Ten: I know personally, and in conversations with friends I know I am not the only one, that this year has held a sense of change, that I myself have been going through a strong sense of personal transformation, a feeling that I and others are on the cusp of something that has never been experienced before and with that comes both excitement and fear.

Eleven: As I am still not feeling very well, I had already resolved to nourish myself both physically and emotionally a lot more than I have been doing lately. As someone who lives almost exclusively in her head, I am often forgetful of even the most basic human needs like sleep, food, drink... if it wasn't something by body did automatically, I suspect I'd forget to breathe.

Twelve: So on Tuesday evening I will be trying to leave work at a normal hour, to come home and have a simple dinner, change into sweats, burn some essential oils, play some calming music, light candles and meditate, and hopefully then sleep.

Thirteen: If you decide to also participate, and you feel comfortable doing so, I'd love to hear how you went. I'll be recording any feelings/ impressions in my meditation journal.

15 comments:

MsSnarkyPants said...

I'd love to take part! Unfortunately I doubt very seriously that my son will let me meditate an entire hour! He gets antsy if I sit still for five minutes! I hope it goes well!

Ann said...

I'll give it a go! But I have to say, Pluto responsible for the Great Depression, atomic energy, and fascism. That's a lot to blame on him (it's always the youngest that gets blamed for things *g*).

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I'll be just aboard the bus for my hour-ish ride into work. I'll meditate then.

Interesting stuff about Pluto and its emergence in comparison to world events. Cool TT!

Anonymous said...

What an interesting concept. Don't think I have the capacity to meditate for an hour though. As a scorpio, I feel a certainty affinity for pluto.

Amelia June said...

This was really interesting and informative, thank you very much for the details. I'll be looking it up--but like lesley said, meditation+summer break=not so much, sniff sniff. I really miss it right now.

N.J.Walters said...

Fascinating. I must check out the website you mentioned.

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Wow, what an interesting idea. I'll check out the website for more details! Happy TT and thanks for visiting my blog.

LA Day said...

Wow! I'll check out the website. Interesting stuff.

Karina said...

This is a really interesting idea...I'm going to go read up more on it now...thanks for the informative TT!!

Lisa Andel said...

Change is coming this year all right. I've never tried meditating, it's something to think about.

Anonymous said...

A terrific TT and a wondeful event to publicize. I would really like to hear about your experience. I'm afraid at that time of night my three boys are at the pre-bedtime craziness. I'd never squeeze in an hour of silence then. But what a beautiful thought.

And I do hope you start feeling better soon.

Cinnamon Girl said...

What an awesome 13! I like the airy fairy stuff. And I think it was most rude of them to dis Pluto. But in keeping with the death rebirth etc associated with it ;)

Birdydownunder said...

umm Frou its my Wedding Anniversary does that mean HE might remember for once lol.......

M said...

I'm afraid one whole hour would KILL me!! I'm amazed people can concentrate on anything for that long.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Hey, even five minutes ought to help, right? Anything to keep the planet from spiraling downward too fast...