Tuesday 18 September 2007

You say potato, I say potato.... Misunderstanding Men...



More tales of the Boomerang Boy...

MFF:
Hi, it's Frou

BB:
Oh, hi - what can I do for you?

MFF:
Um... is there something you wanted to ask me?

BB:
No, why?

MFF:
Ohhh... I'm sorry... I've been mistaken, sorry to bother you

BB:
No, wait... what do you mean?

MFF:
T said you had asked her if she thought I might go out with you if you asked. She's obviously playing some sort of game... trying to embarrass either you or me

BB:
OH... no, that's right I did talk to her about it... what did you tell her?

MFF:
I told her yes

(Awkward silence)


MFF:
Umm... so... are you going to ask me?

BB:
Ohhh... I thought you might ummm ask me....

MFF:
B, why do you think I rang you in the first place?

BB:
OH! Yeah... right... so you're asking me out... Cool!

I should have ran... I really, really should have...

And new tales of Boof...

Boof: Hi, what are you wearing?

MFF:
Heah, you have no right to play those games...

Boof:
Why?

MFF:
Girlfriend, remember?

Boof:
Oh yeah.. but nothing wrong with indulging in wishful thinking

MFF:
You had your chance mate, and you blew it...

Boof:
When did I have my chance? There was never a chance... was there?

MFF:
What did you think I was doing all those nights hanging around at work till midnight sitting out on the back steps drinking coffee while you smoked?

Boof:
Having a break from work?

MFF:
And why did you think I volunteered to take the minutes for you when you were Football Club President?

Boof:
You liked football?

MFF:
And why was it that my girlfriends all accidentally bumped into us those nights at the pub and joined us?

Boof:
Shit... they were checking me out! Seriously? You were interested in me?

MFF:
You are an idiot!

Boof:
But, but... that's not fair... I didn't know...

MFF:
Doesn't matter now, does it... like I said you had your chance...

Email later in the day:

Boof:I still think you can't blow a chance you didn't know you had to begin with

MFF:
Don't sulk, it doesn't become you...

And now for the Nature Boy

MFF: Can I ask you something? As a member of the male species, who knows me reasonably well?

NB:
Sure!

MFF:
Am I flirt? My girlfriends all claim I am a terrible flirt...

NB:
No, not at all... you're very playful and full of banter but not at all flirtatious


MFF:
Ok, thanks

MFF:
(Unspoken thoughts) I seriously need to lift my game... cause for a brief while back in the beginning I actually was flirting with him... !


So, I'm pondering...

Are men clueless?

Or am I pathologically incapable of understanding them?

6 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

There can be a gender divide so vast it's a wonder the species continues at all...

By the way, do you need my email address or do you already have it?

Indiana said...

It's really simple...

Women speak subtle.

Men do not.

It's that easy, you want a guy to know that you like him and you are interested in having him persue and chase you, then you need to be less subtle...you don't want to be too obvious, but you need to be less subtle.

M said...

"Boof: You liked football?"


OH MY GOD IS HE FOR REAL?!?!?!

hahahahahhaha

Anonymous said...

Another brilliant post Miss Frou. Guys really are clueless; I've learned (now that I'm older) to not beat around the bush - I think I'm being obvious - and Dev looks at me like I've got three eyes. I just blurt things out - makes life so much easier between us.

Rhian said...

okay - this is my all time favorite post of yours.
men. idiots.

Karina said...

OH Frou! I swear we live parallel lives of some sort...the "Boof: Hi, what are you wearing?

MFF: Heah, you have no right to play those games...

Boof: Why?

MFF: Girlfriend, remember?"

sounds a lot like my recent text-flirting incident with LawBoy.

I love these posts of yours, they crack me up!