Saturday 18 August 2007

And Solitaire's the only game in town...


Miss Frou Frou --
[noun]:
A hermit living in the big city

'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com

How weird is this? Though I'm pretty sure the meanings are random, if I put Miss Frou Frou in more than once, I'd get more than one answer... but still this is a bit weird... considering my current mood...

With 8 weeks of Sunday choir rehearsals, and meditation classes and catching up with friends and other social activities and work I'm getting a bit frazzled...

Am seriously looking forward to next weekend, after the first two Choir Concerts, and a friends birthday party on Saturday night ... I have 3 days off... am going to spend them on my own, I hope... not speaking... shut away in my little bolthole... I'm not sure if I can wait that long...

This is what worries me most I think about having a serious relationship with someone else, my need for solitude... which can come on unexpectedly at times... will someone understand my need to regularly hibernate... to be still and quiet?

Though Jeni B, my tarot reader/ teacher keeps telling me that the 'right' person will understand that need, and more than likely have the same need. She keeps reminding me of a theme through my meditations over the last 2 years of myself, in a little cottage, in a room that is mine, with my books and crafty things and an open fire and a desk by the window at which I write. And in all of those meditations, there is either someone working alone in another room, or someone else close by... a footfall at the door, a shadow, the anticipation of someone expected... sigh... I wish...


Of course, in the Tarot, the Hermit symbolises much of these feelings. A time to withdraw, to be introspective in order to gain perspective. Soul-searching, time for self-illumination, truth and wisdom of the higher self. It can also represent a guide, a wise woman/man offering others that same illumination, truth and wisdom. I sometimes wonder if I'm meant to take both meanings, I'm definitely someone who searches my soul... but am I also required to share the results of that soul-searching?


Note: When I put in my real name I was told that it means "tastes like chicken"... lol

4 comments:

M said...

I did a spread for myself (the first in about 6 years and the hermit came up as my crossing card. I'm much like you - I need my time and I really look forward to time alone. Having said that I know that I'm better when I have people around - I just don't actually WANT them around all that much. lol.

Have the T-shirt said...

"Tastes Like Chicken"

LOL, that cracked me up!

Cinnamon Girl said...

"Pretentiously acadamian." Or as my daughter said to me just last night, "Mom you are over educated." Apparently I confused the waitress with the word usuage of philistines.

/shrug

Miss Frou Frou said...

Mez - yes, you sould a lot like me... I spend all week around people, so crave solitude most weekends. That said, The Hermit is a lovely card to get a spread.

T-Shirt - I know, how funny was that!

Starr - I too was told recently stop using big words... not even aware that I'm doing it half the time