Friday 24 August 2007

It's the end of the world as we know it....



You know what they say, it's not over
till the fat lady sings.... guess what?

Yes, tomorrow is the big day... first Choir Concert - which is sold out... 450 seated and approx. 200 standing... and me and 250+ of my closest friends singing up a storm...

Sorry I've been a bit out of the loop this week... at rehearsal last Sunday I pulled a muscle in my back that has seen me very, very uncomfortable sitting, standing and lying down all week.. so I've limited my time on the computer...

Who knows what I'll be like tomorrow night after about 8 hours of standing... most of which will be singing... or at least pretending to sing... am still struggling a bit with the phrasing of one of the songs... so can expect a bit of mumbling and fudging tomorrow...

Some of the songs we are singing are so haunting beautiful that I cry when I sing them... so will be interesting to see what it's like tomorrow on stage... more like others will be crying at my singing!

Anyway, will promise to catch up with everyone soon...

7 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I sing in a choir and I have a bad knee, and it's always surprising how much a standing-up performance can take out of you physically. So I hope your back makes it through ok. There always a large percentage of seniors in my choir, so I always figure if they can make it through the performance, so can I!

And I often can't get through different pieces of music that I find really beautiful without getting teary. That's when I'm glad I'm not a soloist.

Rhian said...

i can't wait to hear how it goes! you'll totally wow them Queenie dear! i'm there with you in spirit! hey - no cringing!

savannah said...

outstanding, sugar! *hugs*

catsmum said...

I'm sure that you will absolutely ROCK.
big hugz
s

M said...

oh wow, it sounds like it'll be awesome! Have a great time - I find that after performances like that, or on stage etc you get on SUCH a high! :)

Miss Frou Frou said...

Thanks for all the comments and wellwishes... see my latest post for a breakdown of the day.

Rhian said...

geez Queenie - you're killing me here!!! this IS the latest post that i can find. curiousity and anticipation are making me bonk my head on the desk.