Tuesday 20 February 2007

Call me, call me now....

A conversation today:

MFF: Good morning, this is Miss Frou Frou

Stuart: Hi, this is Stuart from.... I'm the Food Safety Supervisor here, and it's my last day today so I need to advise that we have a new Food Safety Supervisor

MFF: Umm, hi Stuart - did you get put through from the main switchboard?

Stuart: Yes?

MFF: Ok, you've been put through to the Occ. Health and Safety area not Food Safety. Do you want to give me your number and I'll find out who you need to talk to.

Stuart: Ok, thanks my number is....

Hang Up

MFF: (dialling) Hi, can I speak to Stuart please?

Kitchen: Sure, I'll get him for you

Kitchen: (yelling) Stuart - phone!

Stuart: (yelling) who is it?

Kitchen: (yelling) Don't know... she sounds hot... must be your Mum

Stuart: Hi Mum!

MFF: Hi Stuart, this is Miss Frou Frou (laughing)

Stuart: Oh, sorry... they said it was my Mum

MFF: Yes, I heard (laughing more) Not sure if I should be complimented or offended...

Stuart: Well he did say you sounded hot! (laughing) And you do!

MFF: (laughing) Thanks, now the number you need to ring is..........


Have to tell you that it made my day... telling Moon Girl at lunch, she said actually now that I've moved upstairs and I'm not sitting next to you... you do sound hot on the phone!

I've had men reacting to my voice for most of my life... I sound a lot younger than I am, and apparently I've been told I sound like a naughty schoolgirl... don't ask me what that means. All I know is that it comes in handy when talking to salesmen over the telephone.

Boomerang Boy - used to tell me that I deliberately tried to turn him on over the phone... and I'll admit that sometimes I did... though when I once said "babe - you'd get turned on if I was reading from the yellow pages" he laughed and said "probably - why don't you try it and we'll see"

I once had a guy I was talking to ask me what I looked like, and when I said why, he said your voice is conjuring images. And I said really - who of... and he said Claudia Schiffer.



To which I laughingly replied... no, more like Magda Szubanski



I love Magda.. I think she's absolutely brilliant, and also really attractive, even though she's fearless when it comes to her work and therefore making herself look foolish. So I don't have a problem saying I resemble her, though he obviously did... you could hear the disappointment in his voice.

Always wonder what would have happened if I'd taken up the offer of working as a phone sex operator. This guy was responding to a personals ad, and ended up saying he didn't want to go out with me, but he'd really like me to work for him. Claimed he could make a lot of money off my voice, and when I said, what about me making money, said I could average $30 for every 15 minutes I could keep someone on the line.

Just to sit and talk all breathlessly and eagerly to guys on the phone... I told him I'd laugh... which is a big no-no apparently - not sure why... smirk...

Mind you, this is the same guy who wanted to know if I'd turn heads if I walked into a room. When I replied, it depended on what I was doing when I walked into the room. I'm sure if I walked into a room with a crocheted tea cozy on my head, I'd turn heads.... he didn't think that was very funny...

So, to Stuart the ex-Food Safety Supervisor and particularly his former kitchen colleague, thank you very much for making me smile today...

1 comment:

Rhian said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! i'd comment but i'm too busy rolling on the floor, clutching my sides!!! Damn woman, you're funny!