Wednesday 27 June 2007

Birthday Meme... tagged by Chicken Scratch

I got tagged by Xine the other day, just haven't had a chance to play yet!

Here are the rules: You go to http://www.wikipedia.org/ and type in your birthday (only month & day). Then you write down 3 events, 2 births, 1 holiday, and then you tag 5 friends.

Me, being the wild and crazy non-conformist I am - have added some comments of my own!

MARCH 10

EVENTS:

1. 1831: The French Foreign Legion is established by King Louis-Phillippe to support his war in Algeria. Oh.. I love a man in uniform... Beau Geste, anyone?

2. 1876: Alexander Graham Bell makes the first telephone call by saying "Mr Watson, come here, I want to see you" Had to pick this one... considering what a phone girl I am... Call me, Call me, now....

3. 1982: Syzygy: all 9 planets align on the same side of the Sun. How cool would this be? Will need to check out the astrological ramifications of something like this... this was the year I turned 21, and on arriving home for a quiet birthday dinner was told my 30 year old cousin had died of a heart attack.




BIRTHS:

1. 1903 - Leon Bismark "Bix" Beiderbecke - jazz musician

2. 1958 - Sharon Stone - actress. When I once announced at bowling that Sharon Stone and I shared a birthday, my nephew, 14 at the time, announced sotto voce, "I know whose birthday party I'd rather be going to"... which had the group laughing out loud, and Boomerang Boy telling the brat to run for his life before I caught him...

HOLIDAY:

1. Doctor's Day - Venzuela Couldn't find much information on Doctor's Day. Here in Victoria, every couple of years, the Labour Day holiday is celebrated on March 10, and that long weekend was also the Moomba festival - home of the great Birdman Rally. As a child I used to think the festival was all for my benefit. What was believed to be an aboriginal word for 'lets get together and have fun' it has since been discovered that Moomba is vernicular for 'up your bum'

Tagging:

1. Sheila - Aubirdwoman
2. The Cats Mum
3. Starrlight
4. Gabriella
5. Dr. Bill

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been tagged!! I owe you one. ;-) Actually, this is an interesting meme. Give me a day or two to get something up.

And I see your a Pisces, one day after my youngest. I'm still trying to figure him out. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Miss Frou - thanks for playing along. So, you share a birthday with Sharon Stone - I'd rather celebrate with you . . . You're a pisces, I'm a scorpio - says a lot about our state of minds. Have a great day! XINE

Karina said...

OMG! I totally let out a loud guffaw when I saw your birthdate. I always read your blog and think how alike we are in some things, and I think we've both commented on each other's blogs here or there, and have even mentioned that we seem to have a few things in common...well...we share the same birthday..how about that?

Too funny!

Cinnamon Girl said...

I am on it! 6 Things about my B day...108th tagged me for another...I wonder if I can make it 13 for thursday!

catsmum said...

Already posted for today so I'll do it tomorrow. Already know who's birthdays it'll be though cos I didn't have to look 'em up ... Beethoven and Jane Austen!!

catsmum said...

and of course I meant whose :]

Cinnamon Girl said...

Done!! Mine just went up =)

catsmum said...

have you looked at mine yet ? :]