Saturday 2 June 2007

This house is protected by killer dust bunnies...


Nothing much to say at present... life is good... am working hard at a job I love, even though it's insanely busy and I've brought work home to do this weekend. I'm getting out and about and making friends and consolidating existing friendships... talking and Frou Frou flirting with lovely boys and girls...who make me smile...

This weekend will be a combination of housework and work. I am not naturally domestic by nature, can think of much more exciting things I could be doing with my time than housework... but this place is now at the point that even I'm annoyed... it's not dirty, it's just not right... but my Mum's coming next weekend, it needs to be in a better state before she gets here, or eyebrows will be raised. So I will spend most of the weekend humming Sadie, the Cleaning lady under my breath as I do the sparkle and shine thing...

That would normally depress me, but I have found a routine that works for me. Set the cooking timer for 45 minutes, and do 45 minutes of housework... and then set the timer for 30 minutes and do something else... like read blogs, or quilt, or read or play with cats. Then repeat...

I know, I know if I just knuckled down I'd be able to get everything done earlier... but I can't work that way. Found this was the optimum way for me to study as well, if I didn't set timeframes I'd just procrastinate.

Am off to take Mum's dog to the vet, and then to catch up with some girls from work for some major retail therapy and then back to Mum's to transform me into a luscious blonde... catch you later.

2 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I think your timer idea is a stroke of brilliance. Happy Blonding!

Miss Frou Frou said...

Julia - thanks, but blonding didn't happen... too much retail therapy!