Sunday 24 June 2007

See I really couldn't sing, I could never really sing, what I couldn't do was... sing!


Today was first choir rehearsals, and I'm reminded of a conversation with a friend awhile back.

Frou Frou: Singing and dancing are like sex, you don't need to be good at it, to enjoy yourself.

Him: Yes, but the worse you are, the harder it is for others to enjoy themselves.

After today, all I can say is I MUST BE A DUD SHAG! Wildly enthusiastic, just 3 beats behind, sigh...


Seriously, had the bestest time, am still never going to be comfortable singing solo, I managed to hold my own in the group situation. Only difficult bit is a series of oh oh ah, oh oh ah, oh ahs, that reminded me of funk tap and my cross-eyed struggle to maintain the rhythm ... I was oh ahing when everyone else was oh ohing, and only got worse when the Choir Leader tried to help me.

5 comments:

Dr. Bill Emener said...

Only one comment regarding your friend with whom you had the brief conversation -- when he said, "Yes, but the worse you are, the harder it is for others to enjoy themselves," I laughed but then thought: "Wow, this guy knows what other people enjoy and don't enjoy. How insightful and all-knowing."
Looks like your cat has it all figured you though. (LOL)
Bill

Rhian said...

honey - if you had fun then that's ALL that matters! I loved the cat singing pic. So when are your demo tapes coming out? heh. smooches - rhi

catsmum said...

hey jappa would/will be proud of you :]

Anonymous said...

If you're having fun then continue singing your heart out. Loved the cat photos - wherever did ya find them?

Hey, I tagged you for a quick meme. You'll have fun, trust me :)

Thanks once again for the award, I'll be posting about that soon, I promise!

Miss Frou Frou said...

Hi all, thanks for the encouragement, I am having a great time, so will muddle along regardless.

Cat singing is from Google Image, and the cat hiding it's face from http://www.dropline.net/cats/?p=5 - Meme Cats - too funny... interestingly the cat in pic looks exactly like my Gertie!