Tuesday 19 June 2007

Unconscious Mutterings #8 ... I saw and you think...?

Free association is described as a "psychonanalytic procedure in which a person is encouraged to give free rein to his or her thoughts and feelings, verbalizing whatever comes into the mind without monitoring its content." Over time, this technique is supposed to help bring forth repressed thoughts and feelings that the person can then work through to gain a better sense of self. Each week ten words are posted at Unconscious Mutterings to which you can respond to with the first thing that comes to mind. If you want to have a go register by clicking the logo at left above or the link included in this paragraph.

  1. Riding :: Crop

  2. Actress :: Bishop #

  3. Flowers :: from my love

  4. Making :: Whoopee!

  5. Robot :: Klaatu ##

  6. Enjoy :: Yourself

  7. Identify :: Empathise

  8. 22 :: Catch

  9. Busy :: Busy

  10. Forward :: Floozie

# When I told the Nature Boy recently that he had an oral fixation, he said, so said the actress to the bishop, which made me laugh... oh... and the reason for my statement about his oral fixation is 'cause every time I see him he's either eating or drinking (get your mind out of the gutter!) Though to be fair, I think I'm guttercrawling a bit considering some of my responses - you bring the flowers, I'll bring the riding crop and we can make whoopee!

## From The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) great sci-fi movie... scarily relevant today... The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure. Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly...

No comments: