Sunday 10 June 2007

Unconscious Mutterings #7 ... I saw and you think...?

Free association is described as a "psychonanalytic procedure in which a person is encouraged to give free rein to his or her thoughts and feelings, verbalizing whatever comes into the mind without monitoring its content." Over time, this technique is supposed to help bring forth repressed thoughts and feelings that the person can then work through to gain a better sense of self. Each week ten words are posted at Unconscious Mutterings to which you can respond to with the first thing that comes to mind. If you want to have a go register by clicking the logo at left above or the link included in this paragraph.

  1. Acoustic :: Guitar

  2. Sanity :: Who me?

  3. Mambo :: Papa loves...

  4. Session :: Therapy

  5. Hound :: of the Baskerville

  6. Cat :: on a Hot Tin Roof (that's me at present... sigh)

  7. Coward :: Howard

  8. Trunk :: Tree

  9. Hold me :: close

  10. Psychological :: damage

6 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Sanity, session and psychological - that did seem a little themed. Loved that two of your answeres were titles of a book and a play. I'm in that frame of mind, myself.

Miss Frou Frou said...

Julia - yeah, I noticed a theme too... a bit twilight zonish... as to book titles/plays - I can't help myself..not an original thought in my head

Cinnamon Girl said...

I now have Mambo #5 stuck in my head =)

Red Garnier said...

Sounds like good free therapy which I probably need. I'll sign up!! I wonder what I would've said...

Hold me: now, dammit

LOL

Miss Frou Frou said...

Starr - I taped dance to Mambo #5 - damn song used to be on permanent rotation!

Red - lol, actually, I should have said that... now, dammit, right this minute

Anonymous said...

I forgot about Luna's quiz until I saw yours up - so thanks for the reminder. Am also not reading your responses closely, as I don't want to influence mine - at least, not yet! :)