Sunday 3 June 2007

Unconscious Mutterings #6 ... I saw and you think...?

Free association is described as a "psychonanalytic procedure in which a person is encouraged to give free rein to his or her thoughts and feelings, verbalizing whatever comes into the mind without monitoring its content." Over time, this technique is supposed to help bring forth repressed thoughts and feelings that the person can then work through to gain a better sense of self. Each week ten words are posted at Unconscious Mutterings to which you can respond to with the first thing that comes to mind. If you want to have a go register by clicking the logo at left above or the link included in this paragraph.

  1. Savage :: Sooth the

  2. Warrior :: Princess

  3. Daisy :: Chain

  4. Schedule :: Out of control

  5. Rock, paper, scissors :: I win

  6. Medical :: Emergency

  7. Jade :: Cold

  8. Elevator :: Muzak

  9. Drain :: Pipe

  10. Goldfish :: Bowl

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have one match this week for Daisy::Chain.

And a pseudo-match, for Warrior::Princess - I chose Amazon.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Miss Frou Frou said...

Xine - I struggled a bit this week, where usually words just are there. Probably cause I'm a bit tired, and have a thousand things floating through my head. This weekend was mostly about housework and sleep!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

My dog is named after the Warrior Princess.

And my answer to 'Savage' would have been boyfriend, as my first kiss was from a fellow whose last name is Savage.

These are fun, Frou!

Brad S. said...

Hey, I've got a dog named Xena, too. What are the chances of that...? What...? Oh, that's my wife? Never mind.

Miss Frou Frou said...

Julia - the word I would have used to preface boyfriend would have been lilylivered... but that's a bit harsh

Brad - welcome... you had me doing a bit of the 'whats he talking about's till I realised who you were.

M said...

lol at #8

Rhian said...

Savage :: BEAST (oh yeah!)

Warrior :: WOMAN


Daisy :: DEXTER DOBBS (of course)

Schedule :: Not this week!

Rock, paper, scissors :: destruction

Medical :: miracle

Jade :: pretty, shiny - want

Elevator :: shaft

Drain :: brain

Goldfish :: safari...okay - not safari but dang it i wanted safari in there somewhere...