Wednesday 23 May 2007

And for my next trick... I'm going to juggle kittens....

Another semi-sleepless night... I drifted off to sleep about 4.00am, knowing that I needed to be up and out at a reasonable time as I was doing e-time management training this morning.

I woke, at 6.44am suddenly, and realised that somehow in my sleep I had picked up my alarm clock (my reasonably large electric alarm clock) and I slept with it cupped in the palm of my hand, hanging suspended over the bed...

Just as this thought entered my brain, the alarm went off... and I got such a fright that I tossed the alarm up into the air... crash... and two sleepy cats went screeching around the room in terror... sigh... what a gentle, calming way to start my day... not...



I know Savannah posted this on her blog, not so long ago, but I like it and it seems apprpropriate to this post... though I still think it would be fall down funny if you had him and the music and instead of juggling his movements would be some weird form of interpretive dance...reminds me of my attempts at tap... just imagine me dressed as a gold tinselly sausage showgirl.. similar mouth movements and all

6 comments:

Have the T-shirt said...

OK, that was too funny!

ummmm, sorry for the rude awakening you got though.

Miss Frou Frou said...

T-shirt... I am going to seriously have a conversation with sleep... it's not playing far... staying away all night, or playing these cruel tricks on me...

Sorry, it's been another weird week of sleeplessness and as usual by Thursday my brain is starting to sizzle...

savannah said...

it's so bizzare the way things work..or rather the way our brains do...sleep has been alluding me, too..and then..BAMM...mid afternoon, i can barely function....have to admit, your experience was hilarious as a visual...
ps, i think that chris bliss video is fantastic...and needs to be seen at least once a quarter!

sweet dreams

Julia Phillips Smith said...

"Laugh out loud" doesn't do justice to my hearty guffaw! That was really well-paced. When we get to your realization that the clock is in your hand, it's already funny - then the alarm goes off.

Birdydownunder said...

Time on your hands Frou? tut tut
you need my sleep...as soon as the head touches the pillow, sometimes before. Sleep of the innocent??
aubirdwoman

Miss Frou Frou said...

Savannah - you have no idea how exhausted I was yesterday, had to sit in training all morning, and then fluffed the afternoon away, but had to stick around to go bowling... was beddy byes awfully early last night

Julia - thanks.. it was very bizarre though, how did I pick the clock up?

Sheila - funny, hahaha