Friday 11 May 2007

True Confessions ... eight things about me...

Rhian/Crowwoman tagged me to do this meme...

Here are the rules according to whomever likes to makeup rules (not me):
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. (blah, blah blah)
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. (Duh.)
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (See item 1 below - if you want to do this you can, but I ain't gonna tag you - probably cause I'd struggle to find 8 people to tag!)
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog. (Duh, again)


One... While I am usually very amiable, I can be mulish and obstinate, and don't cope very well with being 'told' what to do... and will often surprise people if they dare me or goad me into doing something foolish... as most people will say while I can be a bit madcap, I am usually sensible... but while I am aware of the need for rules, I will often then disregard them if it suits me, and it harms none... particularly if someone 'expects' me to react sensibly... contrary is my middle name!

Two... I am completely left side dominant... left handed, left footed. My 1st grade teacher tried to make me write with my right hand, by making me sit on my left hand all through class. I was utterly miserable for weeks, but didn't want to tell my Mum what was happening, as the teacher said that left-handedness was a freak of nature... I was 5 or 6 at the time. My best friend told her Mum that I'd cried at recess, and her Mum told mine, and I saw my Mum for the first time in all her Mama bear fury descend on this woman. Apparently, the first time I ever reached for something I used my left hand and I've been doing it ever since. Being so left side dominant has meant that I cannot march - instead of stepping with my left leg, swinging with my right arm, I swing and step from the same side... hence I fall over a lot!

Three ... for all of my brazen, out there persona, that means I can talk a mile a minute to almost anyone, I get terrible stage fright if I have to speak in front of others in a more formal setting, like at a meeting or training session. Literally sick with fear... and in the weeks prior to every Tap concert every time I walked down a flight of stairs I'd have this mental thought - "maybe it won't hurt so much if I throw myself down these, cause if I break or sprain my ankle I'll have an excuse to get out of having to go on stage" Of course, the incredible rush afterwards that I had gone out there and conquered my fear was fantastic, even if I was probably dancing the routine perfectly, just 3 beats either ahead or behind the others

Four... have you seen The Truth About Cats and Dogs? Do you remember the telephone scene with Ben Chaplin and Janene Garofalo? I've done that, but instead of him convincing me, I convinced him... I liked it.... a lot... a real lot.... geez I'm turning myself on just remembering...

Five... I can't wink... and I can only click my fingers with my left hand... my right hand makes no sound. Nor can I curl my tongue, wiggle my ears or raise only one eyebrow. Though I can cross my eyes like this... taught myself to do it by staring at the tip of my nose.

Six... I am and have always been a 'good' girl, a 'good' child, a 'good' friend, a 'good' worker etc. and deep inside I yearn to be 'bad'... I'd like to break some one's heart, trash the office, have wild and wanton sex in public places with the 'wrong sort' of man... and do things not because I don't know better... but because I can...(actually I wouldn't want to break some one's heart... )

Seven... as a little girl I used to lie in the darkness of my bedroom with my eyes open wide and slowly blot out all visual and sensory stimulation and imagine that this is what it felt like to be dead... this feeling of blankness and nothingness ... and was sometimes so successful at emptying my head of all conscious thought that I would literally terrify myself... even now I live almost exclusively in my head, often forgetting my physical self, until my body reminds me, usually by getting ill. Except now my brain is rarely restful, even meditation only slows the revs down a little, but never makes them completely stop... I wonder if I've convinced myself if I stop thinking I'll die...

Eight... I spent most of my teens and twenties being invisible, playing the role that was assigned to me. That good girl thing... though I obviously showed my true self to some, those people that I've loved and who have loved me during and since that time. I'm pretty much over being invisible, and sick of being afraid... you may not like me, but I'll be damned if you'll ever forget me... and if at the end of my life they say 'she was a bit out there, but gee she was fun, and she made me (laugh, cry, mad or horny' I'll be happy...


I got my name in lights with notcelebrity.co.uk

Wow... that was weird...as for the name in lights... I got it from Savannah's site, and it seems to fit with item eight... so...

12 comments:

Birdydownunder said...

I can wink with both eyes...... does that make me a wanton woman !!!! aubirdwoman

Rhian said...

1. i can't believe you also posted my dorky rule remarks
2. lefty!!! wahoo! we rule!
3. shit - we're scary alike.
4. i like your name in lights. i couldn't get mine to work. pout. it wasn't meant to be.

Miss Frou Frou said...

SMC - you are so wanton, lol.. isn't it a great word, I love it.

Rhi - of course, I posted your dorky rule remarks - I liked them! Seriously, you're left handed? This is getting scary - Single White Female anyone?

M said...

ooo I'm the same with #2 except for the right hand. I'm extremely right handed. There's a huge difference in strength for me for left and right.

Rhian said...

QVF - i love messing with your name now btw, thanks for the email link to name in lights - gonna try to load tonight. saturday and i have to work - no really, can't you tell? hard at work...really. Sorta. damn it's gonna be a long weekend.

The SWF remark cracked me up - wasn't sure if you were asking or offering. Bwwahahahaaa!

Either way, sad but true - i'm tightly roped to hubby's side and virtually snagged by Lila-doll, my secret lesbian lover that i've never met. She's such an uber wench. I'll have to tell you that story some day of how i turned her teasing back on her. Geez - hasn't everyone figured out yet that i'm not shockable?

savannah said...

first scorpy, now you...i am sooooooo not gonna post my 8 unkonws...btw, you were right about the absolute-perfectness of the name in lights for your meme...ya done good, sugar!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I love the image of your mum in Mama Bear Fury mode descending on the teacher!

I too get petrified if I have to speak in front of other people, even if it's only 9 good friends and it's an easy-going workshop at a cottage. Had to do that last week and was nervous for the two hours preceeding my session. No one believes me because I've learned to do it anyway. Somehow it never gets any easier - so much for desensitization...

By the way, I was going to tag you but Rhian got to you first.

Miss Frou Frou said...

M - about the only thing were I have built up strength in my right hand over time is typing, even then I flunked typing school cause I was out of rhythm!

Rhi - neither asking or offering, but referencing a movie, lol! Bridget Fonda/ Jennifer Jason Leigh - were JJL slowly mimics then takes over BFs life...

Savannah - I loved your 8 things!

Julia - funny, my team are doing Powerful Presentations training at present, as we often have to present to Senior Mgment. When the trainer asked if we'd like to learn some relaxation techniques my boss said, nah.. everyone's really relaxed... to which I replied, oh no I'm not, I'm so nervous. She was amazed, she says there is no way she would ever know that I am so terrified when I speak to group, so I guess that's a good thing!

Cinnamon Girl said...

6 cracked me up cause that was me to a T. When I met my last ex I finally got to be bad. He told me I had always been bad, I just never had anyone to be bad with =)

Miss Frou Frou said...

Starrlight - Boomerang Boy was my permission to be bad... encouraged me to be bad as, but of course you don't marry the 'bad' girl do you... sigh...

Have the T-shirt said...

Oh, I hear ya on the stage fright thing. For someone who talks a blue streak, put me in front of an audience of more than 10 and I get all flustered!

Miss Frou Frou said...

T-shirt - isn't it funny how many of us bloggers get stage fright... probably why we like this environment so much... we can just be ourselves without worrying about somebody looking at us!