Tuesday 29 May 2007

Destined to become an old lady with lots of cats...

Recently I joked around with the Nature Boy about wondering what people would think of a 40 something insomniac, who stays up half the night surfing the net, listening to music and dancing around in her pj's while she did the ironing ...

And on The Dog's Name I talked about how halfhearted I was about getting out there and meeting boys... winter... warm house...pc/tv/music... pj's...cuddly cats are way more appealing then strange men...frocking up...awkward conversation... disappointment. To which Indy replied 'Ah but if one of those strange men should prove to be perfect for cuddling up in said PJ's wouldn't it all be worth it?'...

Well of course it would, but seriously would you like to go out with this woman? And more importantly, would you want to dance with her?


“Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire.” - George Bernard Shaw

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with Indy you got to keep putting yourself out there! You never know who you'll meet. I met my husband on a blind date. Oh, and I Love the image you posted.

And, to go back to my site for a moment - I found the heart image on the internet. Didn't see the 3 of swords connection until you mentioned it. . . The picture's called "How to heal a broken heart."

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I love the GBS quote! Enjoy the time you have to yourself. Usually people who are alone want to be with someone, and the people who have families want to get away by themselves. Of course, there's never any happy medium.

Rhian said...

whoa - looks like ME dancing!

catsmum said...

cute meez!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I too love the Shaw quote. And that's the sort of woman you just can't look away from--good or bad.

Indiana said...

You realise that you are totally crazy...but in a good way ~grin~

And keep trying...thats what hope is for.

Miss Frou Frou said...

Xine - I'm a bit of a seesaw dater, get all enthusiastic, and then I think, oh, I'd rather be home playing with the cats... Of course, if there was someone else to be home with and play that would be good... it's just finding them that makes me so bleah...

Julia - I like being on my own... that's part of the problem. Anyone know a man who wants to visit on Mondays and Wednesdays?

Rhi - would you believe it's actually called Spaz dancing on the meez website?

Catsmum - thanks... might play with some more, didn't play dress up much as a kid, so making up for it now

Alyssa - yep, that's me - either love me or hate me, you'll always remember me as the trainwreck I am

Indy - why thank you kindly sir, my work is now done here...